You’ve Decided to Run for Office But Don’t Know How to Get Started.
The first question to ask yourself is why do you want to run for office?
- Are you upset with your current School Committee member, City or Town Councilor, Mayor, Town Administrator, State Representative or Senator?
- Are you a small business owner tired of the excessive business rules, regulations, and taxes?
- Do you just want to improve the lives of the people in your city, town, or district?
The second step is talking to your immediate family and informing them of your decision. You will need their support and backing because running for office will take up a lot of your time, energy, and effort. They need to understand that it’s going to be a major commitment for everyone.
The third step is contacting your local city or town Republican Committee and letting them know you want to be a candidate for office.
Once you have identified the reason why spoken to your family and informed the local city or town committee, the next step is to reach out to the Rhode Island Republican Party (RI GOP). We can bring you in and discuss the particulars of what you need to do to get started in your run for office.
We can lay out a specific game plan for your campaign and let you know what you need to do to get started. We can also help you with the initial forms that need to be filled in and filed. We can let you know which people you will initially need to get started.
The RI GOP will provide candidates with a comprehensive, professional, proven training program from our instructors. The instructors will provide you with the specific details and information you need on:
- Door knocking.
- Getting your literature and lawn signs.
- Utilization of an electronic database for your district.
- Holding fundraisers.
- Use of social media.
- Setting up a website.
- Writing a press release.
- Getting volunteers.
- How to use mail ballot applications.
- Getting Out the Vote (GOTV) on election day
- Using poll watchers and checkers at the polls.
- Culminating in your Victory and Acceptance Speeches!
Contact the RI GOP at 401-732-8282, by email [email protected]